Position : Engineer Geologist (03 Post)
: Driller Master (02 post)
Location : Mukah
Reports to : Director
• Consult geological maps and aerial photographs to advice on site selection.
• Perform desk studies and assess site information sources prior to field investigations.
• Assist with design of built structures, using specialized computer software and calculations.
• Assess findings for construction engineers.
• Collect data and produce engineering geological reports.
• Oversee progress of specific contracts related to engineering geology.
• Conduct engineering calculations.
• Assist in preparation of construction plans, specifications and cost estimates including
material quantity calculations.
• Provide construction oversight, documentation, interpretation of drawings and specifications
and other support services.
• Gather, analyze and publish field and laboratory data in geotechnical report.
• Conduct field investigations as geologic mapping, geotechnical drilling and sampling.
• Conduct engineering analyzes including slope stability.
• Report geotechnical recommendations integral to successful design, construction and
maintenance of roads, airports and other engineered structures.
• following instructions or diagrams, lay out drill pattern and determine depth and diameter of
• drive and operate tracked or truck-mounted rotary drilling, air-track or other drilling machines
to bore large blast holes to specified depths at staked positions in designated locations
• measure location and stake out pattern of holes to be drilled
• ensure that all equipment, rigs and associated products (couplings/rods etc) are used to their
maximum potential, while ensuring their sustainability
• ensure that the highest level of quality is consistently maintained minimise downtime and
• follow drill depth plans, organise daily consumables, ensure quality of holes by dipping and
• re-drilling before leaving drill area.
• An accredited degree in surveying, spatial science, geospatial science, or geographical
• Have knowledge and experience using surveying tools, equipment, and surveying technology
such as GIS
• Strong organizational skills, is observant, and analytical skills
• Registration as a Surveyor – all states have different eligibility requirements
• Can be physically exhausting working in mines – long walking distances, long-standing hours
in all types of weather
• Carry all surveying instruments/equipment to locations
• Travel is essential
Applications with detailed copies of CV, plus three names of referees who are able to give the applicants
references, copies of education and professional qualifications certificates should be sent to:
SINO NATURAL RESOURCES MALAYSIA SDN BHD (company No : 1278220-X)
LOT 3629,2ND FLOOR, TAMAN TIMBERLAND, LORONG ROCK 2, 93200 KUCHING,SARAWAK.
Email address: email@example.com